Call for Papers
Scope and Aim
ICMU 2016 – The Ninth International Conference on Mobile Computing and Ubiquitous Networking – focuses on the active area of research and development in mobile communications, applications, algorithms and systems as well as ubiquitous services and computing. The special focus of this year’s ICMU includes advancing technologies for next generation distributed and ubiquitous computing where human, networked sensors, connected devices and environment are involved. Examples of such technologies are human-centric sensing and its analysis and applications, energy-efficient mobile systems, social-networking, machine-to-machine communications and their applications, mobile cloud computing and mobile social P2P. Not only these issues but also fundamental algorithms and theory for mobile system privacy, security, reliability and robustness are also the topics of interest.
Authors are invited to submit their research contributions addressing the special topic or all areas in mobile and pervasive computing and ubiquitous networking including:
- Mobile computing, services and applications
- Home and building energy management system
- Mobile computing and services for urban and public transport systems
- Ubiquitous networking
- Mobile and pervasive healthcare
- Context-aware computing and services
- Content-centric mobile networking
- Mobile/wearable computing systems and services
- Energy-efficient and green computing
- All wireless communication technologies such as WBAN, WPAN, WLAN and WWAN
- Ad-hoc and sensor networks
- Mobile Communication architectures
- Positioning and tracking technologies
- Data management for mobile computing
- Sensors and RFIDs in mobile and ubiquitous computing
- Software defined radio and white space communication
- Participatory sensing
- Smart devices and intelligent environments
- Trust, security and privacy issues in mobile and ubiquitous computing and networking
- Social networking and computing
Accepted full papers will be published on IEEE Xplore (IEEE Digital Library).
Accepted demo/poster papers will be published on IPSJ Digital Library.
Submitted manuscripts must be formatted in standard IEEE camera-ready format (double-column, 10-pt font) and must be submitted through EDAS as PDF files (formatted for 8.5x11-inch or A4-size paper). The IEEE LaTeX and Microsoft Word templates can be found in this page. The manuscripts should be no longer than 6 pages. The submission page on EDAS will soon be ready and announced.
All accepted full papers need to have a full registration to the conference.
|Title / Abstract submission||March 18, 2016 (Fri) EDT April 15, 2016 (Fri) EDT|
|Full paper submission||April 1, 2016 (Fri) EDT April 15, 2016 (Fri) EDT|
|Notification of full paper acceptance||June 3, 2016 (Fri) EDT June 10, 2016 (Fri) EDT|
|Poster and demo submission||June 10, 2016 (Fri) EDT June 15, 2016 (Wed) EDT June 22, 2016 (Wed) EDT|
|Notification of poster and demo acceptance||June 24, 2016 (Fri) EDT June 29, 2016 (Wed) EDT July 6, 2016 (Wed) EDT|
|Camera-ready version (full paper)||July 1, 2016 (Fri) EDT July 13, 2016 (Wed) EDT|
|Camera-ready version (poster/demo)||July 1, 2016 (Fri) EDT July 13, 2016 (Wed) EDT July 20, 2016 (Wed) EDT|
|Conference||October 4-6, 2016|